Saturday, August 7, 2010

Taylor Swift unfazed singing in front of Paul McCartney and Coldplay

Taylor Swift has performed in front of hundreds and thousands of fans now but when it was time to perform at the Grammy Awards she had to face some pretty famous faces. Paul McCartney and Coldplay were sitting in the front row.

'You try not to be aware when you are singing a song of who is in the audience because you just try not to be nervous as much as possible,' Taylor tells Undercover News. 'After you get off stage you can geek-out and say 'oh my God, Coldplay and Paul McCartney and all of these people where in the audience.'

She was nominated for a Grammy for the first time in 2008 but lost to Amy Winehouse. That did not matter at all to Taylor Swift. 'At that point I was just shocked that I even got nominated,' she tells Undercover. 'At that point I hadn't hit that place where everyone knew my music and everyone was familiar with who I was. I think my record had just gone platinum so for me I was just excited that I was even in the category. To get nominated for a Grammy at age 17 was just the craziest thing for me.'

This week Taylor Swift released her new single 'Mine'. It will feature on her third album 'Speak Now' due though Universal Music on October 25.

No comments:

Post a Comment